I Can

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

During a lesson I was teaching to two middle school girls in our tennis academy one of the girls kept repeating, "I can't hit it down the line." I dropped my racket like I usually do to get their attention. They got a little nervous since it was so quiet on the court. I gently encouraged the young lady to stop saying "I can't" and start saying, "I can hit it down the line." I asked her to visualize the ball going down the line and then to say, "I can hit it down the line." three times. Then I fed her a series of balls asking her to hit each one down the line. Guess what? The ball went like a bullet down the line each time.

Tiger Woods played and won the most recent U.S. Open golf tournament with a broken leg! In a recent interview he shared that one of his secrets to winning the tournament in the midst of his circumstances was telling his caddy over and over again, "I'm going to win this tournament."

Paul said that there is life and death in the power of the tongue. It's true.

"I can stop saying "I can't." and I can start saying "I can."

Prayer
Lord, please help me to remember that I can do all things through You.